Last year, construction contractors performed $544B worth of work. Yet they often had to wait months for payment from the time they invoiced. Delayed payments can lead to work stops and project delays at best. Contractors can be bankrupted at worst. Construction contractors build our homes, offices, and infrastructure. We believe that they are a critical part of the American economy and deserve better software.
Fortue is building software that unifies the different stakeholders on a construction project to ensure timely payment. Our mission is to empower contractors to execute their financial operations effectively so that preventable delays don’t happen.
We are a seed-stage, venture backed startup based in New York City. Our founders have worked at software companies like Flexport, Dandy and Asana. We are small, collaborative, and mission-focused.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the founders and help define Fortue’s initial product and roadmap
- Architect and implement Fortue’s data model and user interfaces
- Automate and modernize business critical workflows
- Leverage industry best practices in testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Influence the tech stack, engineering practices, and company culture
- Compulsively curious and intellectually rigorous. You love to ask questions and challenge assumptions.
- Relentless problem solver. You’re not afraid to wear multiple hats and get your hands dirty. We are open to specialists though prefer full-stack.
- Customer centric mindset. You are driven by work that directly improves the livelihoods of our users. You have a nose for impact.
- Taste for simplicity. You have an aesthetic need for clarity and elegance. You look for the cleanest path for complex tasks.
- Strong communication skills. You have the ability to communicate complex topics clearly, concisely, and proactively.
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Owned a project from concept to production, including proposal, estimation, review, execution and testing
- Experience with Python, Typescript, Terraform, CI/CD, or other web technologies.
- Experience with fintech, construction, or early-stage startups
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- Fully sponsored, best in class healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity grants
- The hardware setup of your dreams
- Unlimited PTO
- Opportunities for disproportionate impact and career advancement